Friday, October 12, 2007

Speed is of the essence

I rode that last part of IC today after setting up the IC Lite course and oh my god is it fast out there. These are absolutely the best conditions we've had and this thing is going to be smoking fast. I was flying through sections that are usually a bit wet and the combo of all the hot dry weather of the past several weeks and that bit of rain yesterday and its grinnin' time. There are spots in the woods that were powder a few days ago that now ride like concrete with traction to spare. I was basically surfing sections of trail and could put my wheels pretty much anywhere I wanted. How much traction exactly?

I rode up both of what are traditionally the last two run ups on the course in way too big a gear.

The best conditions in five years. World Cup and World Championship competitors taking part. The biggest field yet with over 200 pre-reg'd. Iron Cross V is going to so completely rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck w/the race and I am sorry to miss it with this nasty cold. Brought on by lack of riding, surely. : )